Wednesday, October 12, 2011

O Week- Octopus

When I saw the idea of poking uncooked spaghetti noodles through hot dogs on Pinterest, I knew I would have to make this sometime. O week seemed like the perfect fit. In order to make this look more like an octopus, I cut a hot dog in thirds, then broke twelve pieces of fettuccine in half to make the legs. I stuck the noodles about 3/4 of the way through the hot dog pieces (but discovered that they don't have to be in that far- half way should be plenty).



I then dropped them in boiling water until the pasta was cooked. They ended up looking a little more like a squid, but Trip liked them anyway and got the idea.


He had requested olives to go with his octopus lunch.


 After a few olives, he began pulling the legs off an octopus.


He also took a break to play with his toilet paper roll octopus.


Then, it was back to eating the legs.


I had hoped to get Trip to paint this octopus, but he never would. I offered to make a face on it, and he didn't want that either. He was just happy with it in its most simple form and got lots of practice trying to say octopus.

1 comment:

  1. How cute! I love that idea and was half-tempted to try it out just for my own lunch... but no hot dogs!

    ReplyDelete