Thursday, November 3, 2011

C Week- Food

I have so much fun finding foods that go with each week's letter. For C week, I made some special snacks for our many hours in the car and had a little fun with lunch once we got home too.

One of those snacks was a big batch of homemade Chex mix. I am crazy about the stuff and prefer to make it myself since the packaged kind is expensive and full of MSG and other junk. I also discovered these cool cheese crackers with letters on them at Grocery Outlet a while ago. They added both tastiness and the opportunity to practice letters.


I also made some C-shaped crackers using Smitten Kitchen's Whole Wheat Goldfish Crackers recipe. Last time, I followed the recipe exactly. This time, I used pepper jack cheese instead of sharp cheddar. They weren't as good right out of the oven, but a couple of days later, the flavors had really developed and they were slightly spicy and delicious.



After we got home, I made this tortellini caterpillar lunch for Trip. He absolutely loved it!


 He also enjoyed the cone filled with raisins, chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows he got to eat with it.

 

I had considered making this cloud dessert, but didn't end up getting it done, so it's something to save for next time.


1 comment:

  1. Love the cute caterpillar! And I know exactly what you mean about the homemade chex mix, there's just nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete