Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Felt Christmas Tree


I had a board book about a Christmas tree to send to my nephew and wanted to include something else, so I decided to make him a felt Christmas tree to decorate.

I made a tree pattern on paper,


then traced it on the felt and cut it out.


Next came the decorations. I twisted red and white pipe cleaners together, cut them into short pieces, and shaped them into candy canes.



Felt ornaments and stars came next.



Finally, I stuck some Christmas stickers on cardstock, cut them out, and glued small pieces of felt to the back.



Voila! A Christmas tree to decorate and un-decorate to your heart's content. 




I'm linking up with:

7 comments:

  1. SO CUTE!!! Hoping we are the nephew you are talking about ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is TOO CUTE! I love how you used the stickers on the cardstock...what a great idea! Coming from the TGIF linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by from the TGIF Linky Party. I love this felt Christmas tree....I love how it's simple to make and I what a great idea to use stickers! I know my preschooler and tot will love this! I'm pinning it so I remember to make it. Just joined your site with GFC!

    Lisa
    http://www.crisscrossapplesaucelearning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Looks like he'll have tons of fun with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I totally love this idea. Thanks for sharing.

    Stopped by from the TGIF linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! What a great way to let your kids redecorate a Christmas tree every day! We'd love it if you would link up and share this with our readers at Toys In The Dryer! http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! What a fun idea! Thanks for linking up to tGIF! See you Friday =)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete