Monday, April 2, 2012

You've Been Egged!

We have been having lots of Easter fun lately. All week long, I will be sharing some fun and easy last-minute Easter activities.

I'm starting with something that I hope will become a tradition for us. Trip didn't help me with it this year, but I know it will be fun for him in the coming years. The idea of egging friends is all over Pinterest. No, this does not mean throwing raw eggs at your friends' houses. It means filling some plastic eggs with candy (or little prizes/gifts) and some kind notes about your friends, then sneaking over to their house, hiding the eggs around their front lawn, and leaving a note on their door letting them know they've been egged. If you do this during the day, you can ring the doorbell and run!


I filled 13 eggs with candy and 5 with slips of paper telling our friends some things we appreciate about them. I also made a paper to put on their door. You can find it here if you'd like to print one for yourself. I went over to our friends' house at 7 o'clock on Sunday morning and quickly hid most of the eggs in their front yard, leaving a few in very obvious places so that they couldn't miss them when they opened the door or looked out the window. I taped the sign to the door, and drove off thankful that their curtains had stayed closed and I hadn't been spotted.

A few hours later when we saw each other at church, our friends were pretty sure that I had been the culprit of the egging, so I owned up to it. They had enjoyed their surprise and were already planning who they would egg.

Depending on where you live and how well you know the people you are egging, it may be good to tell the parents what you're up to or sign the notes so that they know that the candy is safe to eat.

1 comment:

  1. What a super fun idea! I might just have to do this!

    ReplyDelete