Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Egg Hunt Lunch

Last week was spring break, so we had the opportunity to have some of Trip's friends over when they would normally be at school. I took the chance to try a couple of fun food activities that I've seen online, knowing they would be more fun with a few friends instead of just Trip by himself.

I found this pin on Pinterest and was sold on the idea of an Easter egg hunt lunch immediately. I washed some plastic eggs, counting out four of each color since we would have four kids eating lunch. I then filled them with finger food. We had six colors of eggs, so I came up with six different fillings. I used cheese cubes, pepperoni, carrots, grapes, oyster crackers, and a mix or raisins and M&Ms.

While the kids were busy painting, I was able to sneak around the house and hide the eggs. I then gave each of them half of an egg carton and set them loose to find one of each color of egg. They were excited to fill their tray and helped each other find any missing colors.


Once the cartons were full, they headed to the table to discover what they had for lunch. They were all quite pleased with what they found and did a great job of cleaning their plates.




This lunch was such a hit that I re-created it for Trip to take to his babysitter's house and share with his friends there. I think it would be fun to do an egg hunt breakfast too. It could be a fun thing to wake up to anytime.

1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty fun idea! How awesome that Trip got to share that with his friends :)

    ReplyDelete