Tuesday, February 7, 2012

V Week- Valentine's Lunch

I put together and simple but cute Valentine's Day lunch for Trip and he was quite pleased with it.

First, I made these delicious fruit gummies. They are basically a healthy version of Jell-O Jigglers, made with fruit, applesauce, juice, and plain gelatin. They're easy to whip up and keep well in the fridge for several days. I'm pretty sure I liked them just as much as Trip did. They're not too sweet and have nice berry flavor. I will definitely make them again.


I also cut hearts out of red bell peppers and cheese. I made some Vs too, because I like to make our letter of the week appear on Trip's plate whenever possible. He was excited to dig in and actually went for the peppers first instead of the fruit.



We enjoyed a dessert of Greek yogurt (so thick, creamy, and delicious!) with a few red sprinkles and a heart marshmallow.


1 comment:

  1. Those fruit gummies look like they would be very tasty! Like fruit leather, but gummier!

    ReplyDelete