Monday, July 16, 2012

Edible Playdough

We are right in the midst of our two week farm theme and having a blast. I will have lots of fun farm things to share in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, I wanted to catch up on a few activities that we have done recently that I haven't blogged about yet.

Edible playdough was something that I've wanted to try for almost a year now. I can't believe it took me so long to finally make it. You can find the simple recipe here from I Can Teach My Child. All it takes is peanut butter, dry milk, and honey.

Once I had mixed up a batch of dough, I got the table ready. Each child got some playdough, a plastic knife, and a small package of Skittles. I also put out bowls of pretzels, raisins, and mini chocolate chips.


Z was the first to finish his creation.


E made an Easter egg.


A was proud of her creation too.


I joined in the fun and made a fish since we were in the middle of our swimming theme.


Trip observed what his friends were doing and ate some of his playdough, but didn't really create anything for a while.


Then, Z had the idea to make some ships.


Trip was quite taken with that idea, so his friend helped him make one. Then, they had lots of fun making their ship's cannons go BOOM!


As A started eating her dough, she stuck it on the knife and made it an ice cream cone.


The big kids ended up eating all of their dough, but Trip didn't finish his, so we just put it in the fridge and enjoyed it for another couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! This looks like a great combination of fun and tasty :)

    ReplyDelete