Wednesday, September 14, 2011

P Week- Food

P Week was a great one for food. There was a plethora of possibilities. We enjoyed pasta, pepperoni, plums, peas, peppers, popcorn, popsicles, pretzels, peanut butter, and more.

We had some stick pretzels, which turned into a fun letter-making activity and a good review of the four letters that we have practiced so far. 






Trip actually really liked me making letters out of pretzels and we had some great laughs with our pretzels and peanut butter.


A search on Google Images yielded the idea to make penguins out of Oreos. Mine turned out a little funny looking with its uneven wings and large eyes (I didn't have mini M&Ms for the eyes or candy corn for the beak and feet), but Trip didn't care at all. He was just excited to get a special treat and enjoyed the penguin shape.


I had hoped to have a picnic at the park and make olive penguins for the occasion, but our week got busy and it didn't happen, so we'll save it for another time.

1 comment:

  1. That is a very cute idea! I had seen the olive penguins before, but never the Oreo ones. I might have to try that next time I kid-sit!

    ReplyDelete