Saturday, September 10, 2011

I Week- Colored Ice Cubes



 I thought that the idea of colored ice in a bag was a great one. It would be fun to watch it melt and see the colors mix. It would keep us cool on a hot day. Trip, on the other hand was not so impressed. I had carefully added a couple of drops of food coloring to the water in each section of the ice cube tray, and once frozen, put the ice in a zip-top bag. I had also taped the top shut, because knowing my son, he would want to open it, just as any self-respecting little guy would.



When I presented him with this cool bag of fun, this was his reaction:


throw it on the ground and walk away...


No amount of showing or suggesting would make a difference. Oh well, you can't win 'em with every activity. Maybe I caught him at a bad time. Who knows?! In any case, this one was a flop that day. Maybe he will like it better next summer.

Next time, I might try smaller bags and fewer colors. This could be a great way to watch what happens when certain colors mix. A bag could contain three yellow cubes and one red, for example, or yellow and blue.

Maybe your child will enjoy this more than mine did!

1 comment:

  1. That is a really cute idea, and too bad he wasn't impressed! I would have been ;)

    ReplyDelete