Monday, December 19, 2011

Going Crazy and a Little Christmas Organization Trick

This Christmas season has been a good one around here but we have been so busy that our letter of the week and blogging have definitely suffered. First, after slowly getting worse and worse, my laptop battery decided to completely die, meaning that it has to be plugged in constantly in order to stay on. That was annoying but fine for a couple of weeks until my power cable died too. So, it looks like I will be spending the rest of my birthday money and some Christmas money to get at least a new power cord and probably a battery as well.

Last week I was scheduled to work two days, but ended up working every day. Many teachers have been sick, which keeps those of us who substitute teach very busy. I'm always thankful for the work even if it does keep me from doing all the projects I had planned. We also had three Christmas parties to attend last week, each of which was delightful in its own way.

In the evenings and this weekend, I have been working on some last-minute gifts and decorations, some of which I will share with you this week.

In an attempt to keep the clutter down in the house and specifically in our guest/craft/office room, I decided that once I got the tree decorated, I would take the Christmas boxes back out to our shop. The only problem was that there were a few items that I wanted to have close at hand. I then had a realization that may only be exciting to me, but I couldn't believe I had never thought of it before. It dawned on me that I could put some small things in the Christmas tins that had had held our ornaments and place them under the tree. They look nice under the tree and keep small gift and decorative items easily accessible.



No comments:

Post a Comment