Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Paint with Water

When I saw the DIY Paint with Water Pages on I Can Teach My Child, I knew they would be perfect for Trip. He could get the satisfaction of painting without the frustration of not being able to paint everything in sight and without the huge mess. A mess is fine some days, but other times we need something fun that's easy to clean up.

The pages don't take much time to make and I had all of the ingredients on hand, so I made a bunch one afternoon during nap time. Although paint with water books are available online and probably in stores as well, I liked making my own so that I could choose pictures that I knew Trip would like. These are also made with card stock so the paper is thick and withstands the water better than the commercially made ones.


He still doesn't paint them completely, but sure enjoys trying. Sometimes he even lets Mommy help. They have been fun to hang on the fridge and Trip likes to look at his artwork, especially the sports ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment